If You Think You Get , Then Read This

Reasons People are Giving for Supporting the Move to Changes the Drunk Driving Laws in Texas

According to a recent poll many people in Texas want the government to make the drunk driving laws stricter. The results of the poll conducted by the Texas Medical Center Health Policy Institute shows that 54% of the residents in Texas are proposing a reduction of the legal blood alcohol concentration from .08 to .05. The other remaining 46% advocates the BAC to be lowered to zero. Here are the justifications for making the drunk driving laws in Texas more strict.

The enforcement of legal limit to .05 in Utah may be one of the reasons that Texas is looking to adopt this law. It is common for states to borrow laws and regulations from other states. The poll conducted on 1000 people from Texas and 3000 people from other states aimed to know the opinions of different people. By taking a poll on this high number the results shows a factual representation of the opinions of the entire population in Texas according to Dr. Garson.

The unpredictability of the BAC is the other justification people are using for changing the drunk driving laws in Texas. Professionals argue that drinking the same quantity of alcohol does not mean that people will have the same reactions. Therefore, although a person may have a BAC of .04 he or she may be of a greater danger to cause road accident than another person with a BAC of .08. Due to these reasons many people are pushing to change the BAC limit from .08 in Texas to zero to enhance road safety in the area.

The other reason people are giving for supporting the move to lower the BAC limit is to reduce the number of road accidents in Texas. It is highly dangerous to both the driver and other road users to operate the vehicle when drunk. Hence, to improve road safety and minimize the accidents it is necessary to lower the BAC limit in Texas.

The question that experts are raising is on whether lowering the BAC to .05 is strict enough to result in any positive changes. Experts are also advising people to seek more information on the effects of drinking various types of alcohol such as a glass of wine versus a bottle of beer. It is also crucial to learn more about the effects of having a .05 alcohol concentration on your blood. According to many people in Texas lowering the BAC to .05 is an essential step towards improving road safety.